Wednesday, 28 January 2015

York --> London, London Sights

It was time to depart our little house in York for the bright city lights of London! It was a long drive, punctuated by a stop at a classic roadside cafe for lunch, and mum shouting out "This is where Louis from One Direction is from!" as we passed through Doncaster. Sister dearest, what have you turned our mother into? When we reached London, we unpacked, and after dad and I managed to return the hire car, we had dinner. We were staying in a kind of loft style apartment in Whitechapel, close enough to public transport and food which is always wonderful.

The next morning, we headed to Westminster to take photographs of Big Ben like the tourists that we are. It was hard getting the perfect angle whilst trying to stand under roofs to be protected from the rain, but I think we all managed to take a few good ones. It's worth mentioning that this view of Big Ben came straight after we walked up the stairs off the Westminster tube stop - very accessible.

 We then walked through the rain, over to Westminster Hall. As this is the place where I plan to marry into the royal family, it was very important that I deem it was up to my standards. Unfortunately no photographs are allowed inside, but I've decided I think I would like a smaller scale wedding anyway.


 The Churchill War Rooms are not something I had ever heard about before, but I absolutely loved them. They are the actual rooms where the war was run from, and where people lived during the Second World War. Incredibly informative and with a large museum dedicated to Churchill himself, you could spend days in here before you read everything. The rooms looked as though they had been left exactly the same since the day that the war ended - an absolute must see.


In the afternoon we walked through London, taking in the sights of Regent Street and Oxford Circus. It was such an incredibly busy place - so much life.



No comments:

Post a Comment