We toured the Treasury first, the house of all the crowns and valuables that belonged to the family. If you like shiny things, you will like this place - I have never seen so many jewels in my life and it was absolutely incredible.
Believe it or not, but I didn't photography everything in there...
We also walked around the Residence, which held the bedrooms, meeting rooms and all the parts of this building where the family actually lived. A lot of it has been decorated (in period style) very recently due to the restorations that had to occur, however it was been done so well and it really felt like walking into 18th century Germany.
And after that, the theatre. Goodness gracious. It was absolutely stunning. Words cannot describe this place - it's not the biggest theatre I've ever seen but it is so beautiful and standing in there really takes you back to what it must have been like in those times.
From old and classy to old and not so classy - the Haughbraugh House, biggest beerhall in the world! I discovered after one sip that I'm really not a beer drinker (neither were Michael and Rachel) but we all enjoyed lunch a lot.
We also went to the Munich museum in the afternoon. Filled with lots of old German artefacts (and a massive model railway) it was such a nice way to end our time in Germany. What an amazing country with such lovely people. Next stop, England!






























No comments:
Post a Comment