Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Stonehenge and Bath

If I got a pound for every time someone told me Stonehenge was a bit crap, I wouldn't have had to pay a cent for the tour I took last weekend. And, I must say, they were wrong.

While Stonehenge isn't the most exciting tourist attraction I have ever been to, when you stop and consider that this was done in a time when cranes did not exist, it's pretty impressive. I honestly don't have much to say about Stonehenge other than it's definitely worth visiting it if you get the opportunity. I did, however, take millions of photographs, so I'll let them do the talking for you.

"But Laura," you may ask, "how many photos can you take of rocks that don't do anything?"

The truthful answer? Over 300. But it's okay, I've edited it down to some of my favourites...


Massive rocks explored, it was time to head to Bath. And, like many of the English cities I have visited, I fell in love...


A bit of a confession for all 7 of you who read my blog (although I found out the other day my family doesn't read this... so there's possibly none of you out there) - I didn't realise Bath was named after baths. I just thought it was a bit of a funny name that probably had a story attached to it. But no, for those of you who are as clued in about history as I was - Bath is the only place in England to have hot spring baths. Who would have thought.



After a quick wander through the town and over Pulteney Bridge, we walked to the Jane Austin museum to look at the gift shop (not enough time to walk through, sadly) and then to the Royal Crescent.

A shop dedicated to Christmas...

While we didn't have enough time to look inside, the Royal Crescent and the grassed area in front of it was absolutely stunning. I had one of those "oh my god is this real life?!" moments when I stood there. 13 degrees Celsius, sun shining in my face and people enjoyed their Saturday afternoons by basking on the grass. Absolutely perfect.


Of course, being able to enjoy it all with some fabulous girls was wonderful as well. 


The day was capped off by a long drive home and the closest thing to a Maccas run I have done since arriving in this wonderful country. Bath, I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment