I realise that I have been a bit slack with keeping this page updated lately - I don't really have any excuses other than the fact I have been doing a lot of travelling and, until a few hours ago, had over 9000 words of assignments hanging over my head. With all 4 final essays submitted and a week before I head off again, I'm hoping to upload all my posts and photographs about where I have been over the last month or so.
I've been back from my holidays for almost two weeks now and it has been a little bit hectic with essays, but I've still managed to fit in a fair bit of fun (surprise surprise). Last week, the ballroom society I am a part of had our end of year ball which was 1950s themed. While I really struggled to find a costume (no, I do not want an authentic 1950s dress for the same price as my monthly food bill), I managed to pull together a Grease inspired outfit for a wonderful night of dancing. I was especially touched to receive a notebook with messages from other members wishing my luck for the rest of my time abroad and my trip home.

Just before I left for Scotland, my Irish dancing class performed in 'Sussex: Got to Dance', a dance competition held at a hall in town. While we didn't place, we received some fantastic scores and feedback which, considering we only entered for fun, was a lovely bonus. One of the judges told us that we looked like fairies which was such a lovely comment. We also performed in the Sussex Dance end of semester show which was much more low key.

Another highlight has been the Holi festival at university as part of the 'One World' week. It was such a fun afternoon and also a really wonderful way of learning about another culture.
I've had a lot of people ask whether or not I have been homesick, and while the short answer is 'no', I definitely miss my family and friends a whole lot. However, being able to speak to everyone over FaceTime and Skype makes it feel like they're right here with me, and the letters and care packages I have received have been wonderful as well.
So, that's all from me (at least until my Scotland photos are uploaded). Miss you all a lot (pretty sure mum and dad are the only ones reading, so hey family!) and I hope you're all well.
Laura xx



No comments:
Post a Comment