While I always have wanted to go to Edinburgh, Scotland's real draw was the Highlands. We decided to go on a Mac Backpacker's tour and it was definitely worth it. Three full days and two nights allowed us to see a lot of the Isle of Skye and the surroundings - I don't think I will forget Scotland's beauty in a hurry.
On our way up through the Highlands, it stared snowing heavily and our guide, Graham, stopped the bus so we could get off and take photographs.
Our next stop was Loch Ness to see Nessie and go for a paddle. It was absolutely freezing but definitely worth it. While we didn't get to meet Nessie, I'm sure she appreciated us dropping in.
Mackenzie Castle was our next stop and it was absolutely stunning. Seeing it emerge through the mist as we drove over a hill was beautiful.
I don't remember the name of half the places we visited the next day because we made so many stop offs but they were absolutely stunning. We spent the whole day on the Isle of Skye and enjoyed some hiking in the afternoon through the Fairy Glen. Enjoy the photographs!
In the afternoon, the Scottish weather finally came through for us and we were amazed by bright blue skies.
The next day also dawned clear and we left the Isle of Skye, driving around the Highlands to see stunning views like this one.
We went to a supermarket to grab food and our next stop was a picnic at Glen Coe. Parts of Harry Potter were filmed here and it's not hard to see why - scenery that made our mouths drop open and everything so magnificently huge.
![]() |
| With Graham, our Scottish tour guide |





No comments:
Post a Comment